Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Equal Partners

My husband and I have been struggling to make a very difficult decision over the last week... 


When my former boss called me last week and offered me a fantastic opportunity to work in Florida and travel internationally for Stetson University, I was floored. I was honored that he would consider me, and skeptical that it would work out; nonetheless, I began discussing it with Mitchel and we have been struggling to make the right choice on the matter. I went to the temple to receive confirmation and/or guidance. Mitch and I have been doing a lot of praying, as well as serious and detailed discussion of our every option. We have been making pro/con lists, researching everything from real estate in DeLand to Mitch's transfer and graduation options. We have been entirely consumed by this decision, and have finally made a decision. Together. As a unit; equal partners. I would not be doing this if my husband was not 100% behind me in this decision. We rely on each other for unwavering support, and this decision is proof of that.

Now, why am I going into such painstaking detail about how we made this almost overwhelming decision? Well, some people have been less than supportive of this whole endeavor, and I am insulted that people who supposedly know me very well would think that I could make a decision of this magnitude without serious consideration, prayer, contemplation, list making, and endless midnight discussions with my best friend.

Is my marriage in trouble? Absolutely not.

Did I make this decision on a whim? Definitely not.

Am I going to miss my husband? Without question.


Am I excited about this opportunity? Yes. And so is my husband.


If you do not agree with our decision and have qualms about what we are doing, keep your lips buttoned. We do not want to hear it. Whatever misgivings you may have, we have undoubtedly already considered it. Whatever it is you are going to say, we have probably already thought of it and decided that it either did not matter or could easily be resolved or overcome. Whatever standing you think you have in our lives to tell us not to do this, YOU DON'T. I love my family and friends dearly, but this is a decision that we made as equal partners with spiritual confirmation in the temple.

~bê~

2 comments:

  1. Nothing is more frustrating when people don't support what has been decided after spiritual confirmation. I know it will be hard, I mean I had a hard time being away from Jon for a night! But you guys are so strong that you can do this! Good for you guys for sticking to your guns and sticking to what you guys know is best for your family! If you ever need anything, give us a call/text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support! We really appreciate your words of encouragement :-)

      Delete